Hurricane season is here, Florida, being a high-risk area for flooding, might be possible in danger of enduring floods during this hurricane season. Now is a good time to check your homeowner’s insurance in Fort Myers, Florida, and a flood insurance company that has coverage to make sure you’re properly protected before a storm escalates and hits your area and leaves you with a damaged or destroyed home.
Protecting Your Property Before, During and After a Flood
Flood insurance is available through the National Flood Insurance Program(NFIP), which is administered by the Flood Emergency Management Agency(FEMA). NFIP was created to provide affordable flood insurance for residents living in areas where flooding is a regular occurrence. Standard homeowner’s insurance policies do not cover floods. So, it’s wise to consider flood
insurance even if you are not required to purchase it.
John Perry Insurance, tales your stress why you should get flood insurance. John Perry Insurance represents over 30 companies and will quote and compare your information with each company to give you the best possible rate for flood insurance in:
- Fort Myers
- Cape Coral
- Bonita Springs
Follow these tips to help prepare and recover from potentially costly flood damage.
- Check the weather
- Check your local news station for the latest weather update so you can take steps to prepare yourself for anything that might happen.
- Check if there is a high possibility of flooding in your area.
- Plan ahead
- If your area is at a high risk of flooding, start preparing your home and property.
- Valuable items should be kept in places where they cannot be reached by floodwaters.
- Take the time to protect your important documents by properly sealing them in waterproof containers.
- Clean gutters and drainage
- Debris in your gutters and drainage must be removed to prevent water from overflowing or becoming stagnant and seeking other outflow places, such as your attic, wall, or ceiling.
- Check your sump pump
- Check your sump pump from time to time to ensure that it is in good working condition.
- See if repairs need to be done.
- Prepare a flood wall
- You can purchase a good floodwall.
- You can improvise by using sandbags and piling them.
Contact The Flood Insurance Experts At John Perry Insurance
We know that flood insurance is only part of the solution when protecting your home, but a part that requires careful attention. Our experienced agents can walk you through your coverage options in easy-to-understand terms so you can make the best coverage decisions.
Any agent can offer a flood insurance rate, but not every agent specializes in this product. Fill out our form to get a quote on flood insurance from one of our flood experts.
When it comes to finding the best flood insurance rates in Fort Myers, Florida, John Perry Insurance can help. John Perry Insurance knows how much you value your property and possessions, which is why our courteous staff strive to give you the best insurance advice and services possible. For flood insurance rates in Florida, and all surrounding Southwest Florida areas, contact John Perry Insurance today.