FAQs About Mold Damage in Your Home in Chattanooga, TN

FAQs About Mold Damage in Your Home in Chattanooga, TN

Mold damage is not something that can be ignored, as a simple spot can escalate into a full-blown problem in a very short amount of time. Knowing about the nature of mold, its method of spreading, and its effects on your property and health is vital to enable you to take prompt action in case it grows in your home.

Here are the answers to FAQs about mold damage in your home in Chattanooga, TN, from ServiceMaster of Cobb, an expert in mold inspection in Chattanooga TN, mold remediation in Chattanooga TN, odor removal in Chattanooga TN and residential mold remediation in Chattanooga TN.

What is the mold?

Mold is a fungus that feeds on organic matter and thrives anywhere there is moisture or oxygen. While mold is an important decomposer in nature, its presence is unwelcome indoors as it contributes to poor air quality and can compromise structural integrity. It can pose health risks if not addressed immediately.

Why does mold grow in homes?

Mold propagates by releasing spores into the surroundings, which are then picked up by the air. All homes contain mold spores because of this logic. The reason why mold grows in homes is that homes satisfy the criteria for mold growth, which are the presence of moisture and nutrients.

Where does mold usually grow?

As mentioned, mold thrives in moisture-heavy places. In homes, these areas are usually the basement and the bathroom. However, some places may be hidden from plain sight where mold can develop, such as under the sink, under the floor, behind walls, or inside air ducts and HVAC systems.

Why is mold a problem?

Mold and mold spores, in large quantities, pose serious health risks and can present a problem to the structural integrity of a building. Telltale signs of mold in your home include noticeable black or white spots near water-damaged areas and a musty odor.

Why do I have mold?

Mold growth occurs when there is a water source or moisture present in an environment with limited or no sunlight. Moisture on gyprock, wood, carpet and other materials in an indoor environment can be an ideal place for mold growth to occur.

Mold produces airborne mold spores, which can increase particles in an indoor environment. Increased particle count in your indoor air quality can have serious effects on your health, especially when you inhale mold spores. You know you have a mold problem when you see small black or white specks on walls, furniture, and contents. Mold is often found in areas where water has damaged the building materials and furniture from flooding or plumbing leaks.

If you notice mold or know of the water-damaged area in your home, it is time to act and control the mold present. Do not let mold go neglected for a long time; act immediately to prevent harsh consequences.

For mold inspection and remediation, contact us at 678-264-3310 for Georgia, 423-220-4482 for Tennessee, and 678-909-1078 for Commercial. You can also visit https://www.smrestoreus.com/ for more details. We are serving businesses and homeowners located in Georgia and Tennessee.

Close Menu