Hurricanes are powerful and unpredictable storms that can cause immense damages during Hurricane season. When it comes to staying safe and protecting one’s property, preparedness is key.
If your property has been hit by hurricane damage or floods, hire a professional restoration company such as ServiceMaster by PWF to safely and quickly restore your facility to pre-loss condition. For water damage restoration in St Augustine and water removal in St Augustine, contact ServiceMaster by PWF.
ServiceMaster by PWF provides water damage restoration services in St Augustine, mold removal, and biohazard cleanup to commercial and residential customers. ServiceMaster by PWF technicians are thoroughly screened, insured, and trained in utilizing the latest in restoration techniques and procedures while operating under a strict code of ethics from IICRC.
Hurricane Preparedness Tips
- Create an emergency kit with:
- Water for drinking and sanitation to last at least 3 days;
- Non-perishable food for at least 3 days;
- Hand crank or battery-powered radio, as well as spare batteries;
- Flashlight with extra batteries;
- First aid kit;
- Whistle to call for help;
- Dust mask, plastic sheeting and duct-tape for shelter;
- Moist towelettes and garbage bags for sanitation;
- Pliers or wrench to turn off utilities;
- Can opener;
- Local maps;
- Cell phone with an extra charger.
- Make a family evacuation plan together with members of your household. The plan should be practiced to help reduce confusion and fear in the event of a hurricane.
- Learn community hurricane evacuation routes and determine the meeting place, as well as the routes to get there.
- Know your geographical area.
- Find out whether your property is flood-prone due to its elevation level.
- Find out if levees and dams in your area (if there are any) pose a hazard when the storm hits.
- Make copies of important documents, such as proof of ownership of any property, and store in a emergency kit.
- Secure your property:
- Cover the house windows with permanent storm shutters or marine plywood, unless the windows are made of laminated glass with impact-resistant glazing.
- Securely fasten the roof by installing straps or additional clips to reduce damage.
- Trim the trees and shrubs around the home for more wind resistance.
- Keep the rain gutters and downspouts clean and unclogged.
- Strengthen the garage door to make it withstand powerful winds.
- When the storm approaches, bring in all their outdoor furniture, bikes, garbage cans, etc.
- Consider purchasing an electric generator to run essential appliances if the power goes out.
- Consider building a safe room for better protection during hurricanes.
- Learn how to shut off the power and gas to your home and have the tools for the job handy.
Storm Damage Restoration at ServiceMaster by PWF
The friendly trusted professionals at ServiceMaster by PWF will handle all your hurricane and storm damage. From mold in your ceilings to a flood-damaged carpet, ServiceMaster by PWF has the most reliable quality service experience you need to make your home safe and secure. With property damage and the aftermath of a storm, you will want a company that makes the process just a little easier.
ServiceMaster by PWF service includes direct billing to the insurance company so you can worry about other things. It is essential to prepare yourself for a storm and keep you and your family safe. When the storm clears, it’s nice to know there is a company on standby ready to take care of you. ServiceMaster by PWF will make sure you and your family are in good hands.ServiceMaster by PWF is servicing St Augustine, Florida, and other parts of St Johns County. Contact our office at (866) 599-0871.