According to the National Weather Service, the Atlantic hurricane season starts this June and ends in November, and every Floridian knows that advanced planning and preparation are the essential keys to cope with hurricane disasters.
Never wait for last-minute preparations or National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) advisories before you make preparations for an incoming hurricane. A ready-made anti-hurricane program plan is one great solution, applicable during pre-season hurricane preparation.
Professional Storm Damage Restoration Company
Has a heavy wind storm left you with an unexpected tree or other large debris in your property? ServiceMaster by PWF, a storm damage restoration company in Florida offers storm damage restoration services, and water damage restoration services in Clay, Duval, St. John, and Pinellas Counties. We have:
Here are some unique property preparations for this season.
1. Inventory of Personal Property and Insurance Review
- Organize a home inventory by recording all your assets from real estate (structures) to all parts of the house (inside out), up to the small details.
- Taking into account what needs to be repaired, remodeled, and upgraded help you make cost accounting estimates for your budget.
- Assess, analyze, and decide what needs to be done whenever a disaster strikes your location.
- Review your insurance policies, either homeowners or hurricane insurance (if there’s none, better get one while it’s still early).
2. Prepare your Property Inside and Out
- Start building more structural supports and strengthening the parts of the house that are weak and susceptible to damage, such as:
- Install hurricane-proof roofing which is designed to stand against a hurricane’s 175 mph to 190 mph winds.
- Safeguard the entrance and exits of your house, such as doors and windows. Install:
- Shatter-proof, wind-resistant windows and
- Hurricane-proof doors
- Repair or upgrade garage doors.
- Invest in a reinforced safe room in your house, or a simple and economical windowless low-level area or room where, in a worst-case scenario, you and your family can be safe and well-protected.
- Stock a three-to-seven-day list of items/goods like:
- Kitchen accessories
- Hygienic items
- Flashlights and batteries
- Grab bag which includes cash, camera, keys, mobile phones with chargers, and your most important documents
- Assembled emergency box (basic emergency medical supplies and equipment, blankets and pillows with rain-resistant covers), battery-operated radios and extra batteries, clean and consumable water, and other important personal items.
What to Do When Your Home Suffers from Storm Damage?
What needs to be done with residential and commercial properties in Florida that have suffered severe water damage from storms? No matter the cause, there are steps you can take to mitigate the damages. For advice on what you can do, ServiceMaster by PWF has put together these steps to recovery for storm damage on your property.
Whenever a hurricane strikes Florida, do not hesitate to hire ServiceMaster by PWF, Florida’s trusted professionals, and experts in water damage and storm damage restorations for residential and commercial properties in St Petersburg, Florida, and other parts of Pinellas County.
If you’re dealing with storm damages and their effects in Florida, you can trust the reliable residential and commercial disaster restoration experts at ServiceMaster by PWF. We specialize in restoring homes after severe water damage. Call today at (866) 599-0871.