As heavy rains continue during the hurricane season in Savannah, people are reminded that any basement is at risk of flooding, even if it’s never happened before. Know what to do if your basement has flooded.
When water damage in Savannah strikes this hurricane season, a delayed response only aggravates the destruction. Mold damage flourishes within 24 to 48 hours of water damage. Wood structures begin to rot and weaken, leading to an uninhabitable environment. Rather than wait for damage to spread, consult an IICRC Certified water damage restoration professional in Savannah like ServiceMaster of Savannah for immediate flood damage restoration services in Savannah.
WATER DAMAGE RESTORATION EXPERTS IN SAVANNAH
Water damage is one of the most common and potentially destructive problems you can face as a homeowner in Savannah. When the worst happens, call the experts at ServiceMaster of Savannah. With one call, we’re at your side providing expert guidance on what to do and the experience to fix the problem fast.
Our Water & Flood Restoration Services Include:Our Water & Flood Restoration Services Include:
Consider your family’s health and safety. Entering a wet basement could be hazardous! When in doubt, don’t enter the flooded area until you are told it is safe by a professional water damage restoration company in Savannah to do so.
ServiceMaster of Savannah offers ways to prevent basement flooding this hurricane season.
- Check your sump pump. For proper operation and follow the manufacturer’s maintenance recommendations. For example, you may wish to confirm it’s plugged in, back-up batteries are charged and the system is working properly.
- Ensure your downspouts are properly connected. Check if the water can route safely away. They should be free of debris and in most cases, should be draining over top of the lawn, at least two meters away from your house.
- Check that your rain barrels. Make sure they are connected to catch the rainwater, and that the overflow hose is directed away from the foundation of your home.
- Check your sewer backwater valve. Maintain it according to the manufacturer’s directions. For example, if you can do so safely, you may wish to open the lid, clean it out, confirm there is a good seal in place, test its operation.
- Reduce your water use on rainy days. When it’s raining heavily the sewers may fill up. Using a lot of water during heavy rains can contribute to basement flooding and overflows to your environment. Consider using less water in extreme weather situations.
Clear your catch basin. This will help make sure that rainwater can enter the storm sewer and promotes good drainage away from your neighborhood.
FROM DISASTER TO DONE
Restoration professionals from ServiceMaster of Savannah are prepared to extract all traces of water from your flooded basement on hurricane season or any part of your property. Water damage in Savannah, especially when it contains sewage, is an emergency. Certified IICRC technicians will arrive onsite to expedite the restoration process promptly.
For 24-hour emergency assistance with basement flood in your home or business property in Savannah, call ServiceMaster of Savannah. Call or schedule an appointment at 912.244.6966 today for your 24/7 Emergency Service.