When mold grows indoors, exposure to it can cause various health problems and property damage. That’s why mold prevention should be a priority for any homeowner. But to understand mold prevention, we must first understand why it grows in the first place.
How does mold grow in homes?
Mold begins to grow when the conditions are right. It needs just three things to grow:
- Food- Anything that used to be alive (wood, cardboard, paper, wool, silk, leather, etc.).
- Temperature- Mold thrives in the range of 68°F to 86°F (the same range we typically keep our homes).
- Water -Very little is needed. In fact, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) says that indoor humidity above 60% is enough to allow mold to develop.
Back Mold Removal Service by ServiceMaster of Cobb
ServiceMaster of Cobb, mold removal company Marietta and also certified in black mold inspection Marietta , mold removal services Marietta, and mold remediation Marietta. We follow all EPA and OSHA guidelines as well as IICRC protocols.
What are the best ways to prevent black mold growth?
1. Regularly check for pipe leaks, burst pipes, or any other potential source of errant water that could cause moisture inside your house. This includes regular inspection of gutters and drainpipes that help keep water out during rain.
2. Keep moisture out through proper ventilation. Invest in exhaust fans or open your windows to improve airflow, especially in areas prone to getting wet like your laundry room, bathroom, and kitchen.
3. It only takes 24 to 48 hours for mold to start growing, so if things do get wet, dry them immediately. This is true even for clothes and towels. Hang them outside or in a room with proper ventilation instead of just leaving them lying around.
Minimize mold spores
1. Mold spores can stick to your clothes and shoes until you get home. Pets can bring them inside with their fur. They can even float in through open windows, given the right wind condition. The bottom line is, mold spores can get inside your house whether you like it or not. Dust and vacuum regularly to remove mold spores that have settled inside your house.
For Mold Removal Services, Call ServiceMaster of Cobb
Follow these mold prevention tips to avoid this nasty fungus in your property. If you discover mold in your home, the first step is to find and eliminate the water source then call a professional mold remediation company, such as ServiceMaster of Cobb.
Our certified, professional technicians understand and apply industry-standard approaches to remediate mold completely.
If you are tempted to remove it yourself, don’t. Remember that what you see on the surface is usually just the tip of the iceberg. ServiceMaster of Cobb has years of experience in black mold removal and can do it for you safely and effectively.
Call us today to schedule your walkthrough and evaluation, we look forward to working with you on your mold remediation needs.